The Lyndon Play And Learn Center offers quality professional care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. We are licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and offer programs designed to provide direction for children's growth in the following areas: Cognitive, language, fine and gross motor, self-help and socialization.
We offer before and after school care for children in the area school district. During the summer and on school holidays, we offer a unique program for school-aged children. We also offer a preschool program for four and five-year-olds.
The facility's gymnasium is utilized for indoor play. A secure outdoor playground is located adjacent to the Center, and is fully equipped with a sandbox, swings and climbers.
Our facility is air-conditioned and is open from 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for the working parent's convenience.
Quality Professional Child Care Services
The Lyndon Play and Learn Center serves the employees of Winning Wheels, as well as members of the surrounding communities by providing comprehensive quality child care services with opportunities for physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
Our caring staff assist children to:
- Learn to work and play happily and cooperatively with others
- Acquire desireable habits and wholesome attitudes
- Think constructively, use imagination and develop resourcefulness and originality
- Broaden his or her interest and understanding of the world around them through discovery
- Gain coordination and control of his or her body movements
- Encourage self-expression through music, art, drama, and literature
- Develop self worth and feel secure by utilizing positive reinforcement
- Learn through stories, songs, nature and other appropriate activities
Play and Learn With Us!
The Lyndon Play and Learn Center provides quality child care services for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Our programs include:
- Babies: 6 Weeks to 1 Year
Activities include gross motor play, bell time, practicing sitting and rolling, and storybook time. Staff follows parent schedule as closely as possible.
- Wobblers: 1 to 2 Years
The Wobblers' daily schedule includes gross motor play, art projects, story time, music and manipulative play.
- Toddlers: 2 to 3 Years
Toddlers have a busy day! Gross motor play starts out the morning, followed by lesson time, arts and crafts, and stories. After more gross motor play, the morning ends with letter and color recognition and songs. Lunch, a nap and more play round out a full day!
- Preschool: 3 to 5 Years
Preschoolers enjoy a day filled with gross motor play, learning centers, math and science projects, arts and crafts, and music time all geared toward preparing for kindergarten.
- Kids Club: School Aged
Before and after school care includes a hot breakfast before school and a nutritious snack after school. Our school-aged friends are kept busy with structured games or help with homework. During the Summer, the fun really happens with field trips, swimming and lots of activities!
Parents have positive things to say about the care their children receive at the Play and Learn Center:
- "I was so nervous sending my children to a public daycare, but after talking with my son, he absolutely loves it and I know my 12 week-old son is spoiled rotten there by the staff. I can tell that they treat the children like family."
- "This has been a good learning and group experience for my son. He loves going to daycare and I feel he gets lots of love and attention from all the great staff. Thank you."